With the recent popular release of CentOS 7, Host Virtual has tested & added this image to our vast collection of 1-click install linux operating systems. All current and new Host Virtual customers can deploy CentOS 7 instantly for testing, development or simply to play around with, the CentOS 7 image is now live in our system.
Let’s take a look at how easy it is to deploy and install CentOS 7 on a Host Virtual cloud server.
- After purchasing a cloud server from us, login to your control panel, and click ‘Provision’ next to your new cloud instance, as seen below:
- Here you will see our vast list of auto-install linux images, with the latest image first: CentOS 7.0 x64. Click ‘Select’ to choose this image to install CentOS 7.0 to your virtual server.
- Next, choose the location you would like to deploy to. We’ll choose San Jose, CA as an example. Type in a proper FQDN hostname, such as sjc.example.com or centos7.mydomain.com. Enter a root password and select ‘Continue’
- After you select ‘Continue’ the wizard will confirm your hostname, OS, and location to build. You’re ready to go! Simply click ‘Build’
- Over the next 5-6 minutes you will see our build wizard install and provision CentOS 7 on your server in your selected location. Your IPv4 and IPv6 addresses will be shown, and your server is ready once you see the blue box indicating the build is complete.
- Click ‘Go to Dashboard’ within the blue rectangle to view your server’s main dashboard. From here you’re able to view the networking settings, shutdown, restart your server, and even spawn a console should you lock yourself out accidentally due to iptables or a firewall.
- You’re now ready to login to your new CentOS 7.0 machine! Simply use the IP assigned to you, which is emailed in your welcome letter to SSH to the machine with the root password you chose. You’re all set and have a live virtual CentOS 7 server ready to test to your heart’s desire! Want to get started with CentOS 7 ? Deploy a CentOS 7.0 virtual machine in minutes now with Host Virtual !