Johannesburg, South Africa Data Center
Data Center Details
NetActuate’s Johannesburg facility is operated by Teraco. This purpose-built facility offers a secure, guaranteed 99.999% uptime environment, and unique flexibility and scale in South Africa. With over 200 major network providers colocated in this facility, customers have access to the largest number of interconnectivity options on the African continent. Customers also enjoy access to a NAPAfrica Internet eXchange Point (IXP) to connect into the Africa IX ecosystem.
A sophisticated, unified building monitoring system ensures that every environmental and security-related aspect are monitored and logged continuously, from equipment access to temperature fluctuations and changes in humidity. All alarms and early warning messages are sent to the central control room, management and the technicians on duty.
All cabinets in our Johannesburg facility are supplied with two independent power circuits from a resilient dual bank of UPSs and maintenance can be performed at any time on any of the UPSs without service disruption. Multiple power generators ensure that an interruption of the municipal power supply, even combined with component failure, will not affect servers.
- 67,041 sq ft colocation space
- 1-story, concrete masonry unit, steel, concrete slab on grade
- Free adjacent parking
- Raised floor
- Floor load capacity: 200 psf
- PCI DSS
- ISO 27001
- ISO 9001
- Pre-authorized access only
- Visual identity confirmation
- Biometric fingerprint imaging
- 24×7 video surveillance
- Comprehensive perimeter and building security
- Multiple connections
- Fiber, copper, coax cross-connects
- Access to NAPAfrica Internet eXchange (IX), part of Africa IX
- Municipal power feed provides 20 MVA
- Redundant diesel generators with 5 days of fuel onsite
- Fully online UPSs ensure frequency, voltage and surge stability
- Multiple cooling zones with independent CRAC units
- Hot aisle containment
- Independent humidity and temperature monitoring
Our Global Footprint
Deploy your workloads in 40+ global locations, and connect it all seamlessly with our anycast platform.